PROMISES MADE . PROMISES KEPT.
Commissioner Kelly Shoaf has kept her promise to our neighborhoods to focus on public safety, create local jobs and invest resources back into our community.
Commissioner Shoaf has voted to keep taxes low, manage the budget and make sure residents have a voice that is working for them.
SAFER STREETS AND NEIGHBORHOODS
- Invested in police technology to improve response times, including ShotSpotter and the new real-time crime center.
- Increased police presence in high-crime areas.
- 29% drop in homicides and 18% decline in violent crimes.
REDUCING HOMELESSNESS ACROSS THE CITY
- West Palm Beach hired a Homeless Services Coordinator to coordinate the delivery of homeless services amongst City departments, non-profits, and other providers to improve the delivery of services.
- Increased funding for the Lord’s Place and their work to help homeless people get off the streets and in homes.
- Supported the city’s annual $4 million investment to address our homeless population.
FOCUSED ON CREATING LOCAL JOBS
- Advanced public/private partnerships to increase the availability of workforce and affordable housing.
- Supported policies and initiatives that make West Palm Beach job friendly and workforce-ready.
- Pushed for economic development in the industrial district and blighted areas.
PROTECTING OUR WATER SUPPLY
- Opposed the SR 7 and Roebuck Road expansions to protect our water supply.